Core is on the Ballot. Are you ready to #EndorseCore?Updates 0 Comments
Greetings again from the Steering Committee of Core: Leadership, Infrastructure, Futures, a proposed division of ALA. Thank you for taking the time to help us review and refine the Proposal for a New Division document.
The Core Steering Committee is pleased to announce that the Boards of ALCTS, LITA, and LLAMA have all voted unanimously to put the division merger on the March Ballot. What does this mean?
- In March you will vote on your division ballot(s) to decide whether ALCTS, LITA, and LLAMA will merge.
- In the event the measure passes (by simple majority of those voting) within all three divisions, the new division will begin on September 1, 2020.
Recent information about ALA’s financial challenges has reinforced the need for us all to consider and work toward a sustainable future for ALCTS, LITA, and LLAMA. We are not slowing down: Core is our best path forward. We think the future means working together, so please let us know your thoughts on the matter. Keep the feedback and input coming!
If you’re interested in helping us move the process forward, please consider volunteering for Core. We’re eager to collaborate with you!
Full details for all our upcoming events are below.
Division Town Halls in February
- ALCTS Town Hall — Thursday, February 20, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. CST
- LITA Town Hall — Monday, February 24, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. CST
- LLAMA Town Hall — Tuesday February 25, 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. CST
- Focus Group 1 — Wednesday, February 5, 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. CST
- Focus Group 2 — Monday, February 17, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. CST
- Focus Group 3 — Wednesday, February 26, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. CST
More Ways to Join the Discussion
- #TheCoreQuestion Twitter Chat 2 — Thursday, February 13, 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. CST
- Give Feedback — Any time!
Professional Development Events
- The Exchange — May 4, 6, & 8
- LITA/ALCTS/LLAMA Forum — November 19 – 21 in Baltimore, MD
Miss Any of the Discussion? Catch Up Here:
- View the recording of Town Hall 1 and the PDF of the Q&A at Town Hall 1
- View the recording of Town Hall 2 and the PDF of the Q&A at Town Hall 2
- View the recording of Town Hall 3 and the PDF of the Q&A at Town Hall 3
- View the recording of Town Hall 4, the PDF of the the Q&A at Town Hall 4, and the PDF of slides at Town Hall 4
- Read the transcript of #TheCoreQuestion Twitter Chat 1 on October 18, 2019
- Visit the We Hear You Q&A on the Core website
We’re eager to plot a sustainable course forward for our divisional members and our organization. If you’re ready to #EndorseCore, please share your thoughts on social media using that hashtag. You can also sign our endorsement document.
Your Core Steering Committee