This week we hosted our first Town Hall, and we’re looking forward to the three still to come! As we move towards the vote on whether to merge ALCTS, LITA, and LLAMA, we hope you’ll let us know what can make Core a compelling and worthy division home for you. We are posting updates based on your questions and feedback — we hear you and value your perspectives.
Our thanks to the 64 attendees who took part in the first of the Town Hall series on Wednesday, October 9. The lively discussion covered topics of organizational next steps, the name, implications, and opportunities and was facilitated by the three presidents-elect — Chris Cronin of ALCTS, Tyler Dzuba of LLAMA, and Evviva Weinraub of LITA. The October 9 Town Hall recording and transcript are online for anyone who was unable to attend.
The next Town Hall on Tuesday, October 22, will be hosted by other members of the Steering Committee rather than the future presidents. The intention is to offer perspectives beyond hierarchical leadership on Core. Members like you will shape the future of this proposed division — we encourage you to participate in the conversations that are developing and refining Core’s division identity. We hope you’ll register to attend today!
- Town Hall 2 — Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 1:00–2:00 p.m. Central
- Town Hall 3 — Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. Central
- Town Hall 4 — Friday, December 13, 2019, 1:00–2:00 p.m. Central
- Twitter Chat 1 — Friday, October 18, 2019, 11:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Central
- Twitter Chat 2 — Thursday, February 13, 2020, 11:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Central
We’re also trying to make sure our communications about Core are reaching communities beyond ALCTS, LITA, and LLAMA. We encourage members to cross-post these messages, and we will make every effort to deliver these updates as broadly as possible. Anyone can receive these messages by subscribing to email updates or visiting the Core website.
Your Core Steering Committee:
- Christopher Cronin, 2019-20 ALCTS President-Elect
- Tyler Dzuba, 2019-20 LLAMA President-Elect
- Evviva Weinraub, 2019-20 LITA President-Elect
- Lindsay Cronk, LITA Representative
- Erica Findley, ALCTS Representative
- Kate Hall, LLAMA Representative
- Cotina Jones, LLAMA Representative
- Ted Quiballo, LITA Representative
- Chelcie Rowell, ALCTS Representative